Ebonyi State University, EBSU pre-degree admission application form for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the one year intensive Pre-Degree programme of Ebonyi State University for the 2017/2018 Session.
About EBSU Pre-Degree Programme.
The Pre-Degree school prepares candidates for the following examinations:
- Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Examination (JAMB/UTME).
- EBSU Pre-Degree internal examination qualifies successful candidates (with national minimum UTME score) for consideration for admission into any EBSU main degree programmes.
- The programme equally serves as a remedial programme for candidates preparing for O’Level examinations, but it is not a substitute to O’Level requirement for main course admission.
- In addition, the EBSU Pre-Degree Programme also gives intensive training to students in Basic Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Benefit of EBSU Pre-Degree Programme.
Successful Pre-Degree candidates are meant to benefit specially from the JAMB admission quota reserved for prelim candidates. Please note that successful candidates from the Pre-Degree Programme are expected to also obtain the minimum UTME score through JAMB/UTME and have to choose Ebonyi State University as their first choice university to qualify for merit admission consideration.
MAIN UNIVERSITY PROGRAMMES WHERE SUCCESSFUL PRE-DEGREE GRADUATES CAN BE ADMITTED.
Successful 2017/2018 pre-degree candidates shall be considered for main course admission of EBSU for the 2018/2019 academic session under the following programmes:
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
2. BANKING AND FINANCE
5. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
1. AGRIC. ECONOMICS & MAGR. EXTENSION
2.ANIMAL SCIENCE, FISHERIES & AQUACULTURE
3. FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
4. SOIL & ENVIORNMENTAL MANAGEMENT
5.CROP & LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT
HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
1. MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
2. NURSING SCIENCE
1. ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;
(a) ECONOMICS EDUCATION
(b) SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION
(c) ENGLISH EDUCATION
(d) RELIGION EDUCATON
(e) IGBO EDUCATION
2. BUSINESS EDUCATION, WITH OTPIONS IN;
(a) SECRETARIAL STUDIES
(b) ACCOUNTING EDUCATION
3. EDUCATION FOUNDATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;
(a) ADMIN. AND PLANNING EDUCATION
(b) GUIDANCE &. COUNSELING EDUCATION
4. HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN
(a) HUMAN KINETICS EDUCATION
(b) HEALTH EDUCATION
5. SCIENCE AND COMPUTER EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;
(a) PHYSICS EDUCATION
(b) CHEMISTRY EDUCATION
(c) BIOLOGY EDUCATION
(d) MATHEMATICS EDUCATION
(e) INTEGRATED SCIENCE EDUCATION
(f) COMPUTER EDUCATION
6. TECHNOLOGY & VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (TVE), WITH OPTIONS IN;
(a) ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING EDUCATION
(b) AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION
(c) BUILDING TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
(e) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EDUCATION Cf) HOME ECONOMICS EDUCATION
1. MEDICINE AND SURGERY
1. APPLIED BIOLOGY
2. APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY
SOCIAL SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES
4.SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
7. HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATION
9. ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
12. RELIGIOUS STUDIES
EBSU Pre-Degree Admission Requirement.
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must have five (5) credits in GCE O’Level, NECO or SSCE at not more than two sittings.
Duration of EBSU Pre-Degree Programme.
The programme is designed for one academic year which shall last for a minimum of ten (10) calendar months.
How to Apply for EBSU Pre-Degree Admission.
Application forms are obtainable online, on purchase of four thousand five hundred naira (N4,500) EBSU Pre- Degree Scratch Card payable to Pre-Degree School; Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki; Account Number: 0007910095, Diamond Bank Pic, Abakaliki, CAS Annex (Branch).
With the scratch cards, prospective candidates should access and complete the application form at www.ebsuai.edu.ng.
EBSU Pre-Degree Programme Application Form Closing Date.
Sale of admission scratch cards starts on 4th September, 2017 and ends on 29th November, 2017 while lectures will commence on 29th November, 2017.