Cooperative and Rural Development is a course in the Nigerian University that seeks to unravel the cooperative principle of pooling meager resources for common benefit, and how it represents a tool for rural development. It educates students on the world of business, with a firm foundation in related areas such as economics, ethics, information technology, organization behaviour and co-operative law. It is designed for people involved in rural development in a professional or voluntary capacity. It provides the knowledge and skills to manage such establishments as a core driver of local development..
Graduates of Cooperative and Rural Development have skills for the administration of rural communities, with solid background in accounting, finance, banking, marketing and human resources management concepts, all of which comprise cooperative skills. They develop the abilities to initiate and manage loca development, using cooperative organisations as a ahandly tool. The course is structured to acquaint you with the skills and knowledge to function efficiently in the field.
By completing the degree programme, you will have the skills to manage the affairs of cooperative and similar mutual establishments, and steer their conducts towards the economic development of rural areas.
The degree course will equip you with the skills to:
- Understand the unique role and characteristics of cooperative organizations;
- Apply understanding of cooperative principles to the management of cooperative organisations;
- Understanding the approach to cooperatives that can impact on rural development;
- Demonstrate an understanding of various rural development regulation.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Cooperative Management and Rural Development
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Co-operative Accountant
- Front Office Savings Clerk
- Co-operative Personnel Manager
- Rural Development Economist
Educartis : https://www.educartis.com.ng/courses/bsc-cooperative-management
Leave a Comment