Protecting ourselves and others is our responsibility in this season where the world is currently combating with the Novel Virus (COVID-19) and we are also joining the global world to prepare a protection guide to stay safe (#StaySafe) based on the recommendations from WHO.
Below are some simple precautions to reduce your chances of contracting the new coronavirus, which causes the disease known as COVID-19.
Preventative measures are your first line of defense. The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is to practice good hygiene and to make these CDC recommendations part of your routine.
Steps to protect Yourself:
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Aljazeera also has a similar infographic for the prevention of COVID-19, you can see it below:
Note that most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others. Take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the WHO website.