University of Uyo, UNIUYO Postgraduate courses available for 2019/2020 admission have been released. Candidates can apply for these courses for admission for the 2019/2020 Postgraduate academic session.
Application for the 2019/2020 UNIUYO Postgraduate Admission is currently ongoing and qualified persons can apply. You are however, advised to check the list of courses, their durations and their specific requirements below before you apply for any of them.
UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses Available For Admission
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
Department of Agricultural Economics & Extension:
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics with Specialization in: Production Economics and Farm Management, Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperatives, Agricultural Policy and Development, Agricultural Finance, Natural resources and Environmental Economics, Econometrics / Quantitative Research Methods.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics with Specialization in: Production Economics and Farm Management, Resources and Environmental Economics, Agribusiness and Financial Management, Agricultural Trade and Marketing, Agricultural Policy, Planning and Development, Agricultural Enterprise Development and Project Management, Quantitative Research Methods/Econometrics.
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Extension with specialization in: Agricultural Extension Education, Agricultural Administration, Agricultural Communication, Gender Issues in Agricultural Extension/Rural Development.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension with specialization in: Agricultural Extension/Rural Development, Agricultural Administration, Agricultural Communication.
Department of Animal Science:
- M.Sc. & Ph. D in Animal Science with specialization in: Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry, Animal Breeding and Genetics, Animal Production Management, Animal Physiology & Reproduction, Animal Products Technology.
Department of Crop Science:
- M.Sc. in Crop Science with specialization in: Crop Production and Physiology, Genetics Crop Breeding and Biotechnology, Crop Protection, Weed Science and Pasture Agronomy, Farming Systems and Horticulture.
- Ph.D in Crop Science with specialization in: Crop Production, Crop Physiology, Farming System, Horticulture, Weed Science, Pasture Agronomy, Entomology, Crop Breeding, Genetics & Biotechnology, Pathology, Nematology.
Department of Soil Science:
- M.Sc. & Ph. D. in Soil Science with specialization in: Soil Microbiology & Biochemistry, Soil Survey & Land Use Planning, Soil Physics & Conservation, Soil Chemistry & Minerology, Soil Fertility/Fertilizer Technology, Pedology, Environmental Soil Science.
Department of Food Science & Technology:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Food Science & Technology with specialization in: Food Microbiology & Biotechnology, Food Chemistry, Biochemistry & Biotechnology, Food Quality Control & Assurance, Food Processing & Storage and Ph. D. in Brewing Science & Technology.
Department of Forestry & Natural Resources Management:
- M.Sc. Forestry & Wildlife with specialization in: Forest Resources Management and Economics, Environmental Forestry, Wood Science, Agroforestry, Wildlife Management.
- Ph.D. in Forestry & Wildlife with specialization in: Forest Resources, Environmental Forestry, Wood Science, Agroforestry, Wildlife Management.
Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D. in: Fisheries & Aquaculture, Aquatic Environmental Management
Department of Home Economics, Nutrition & Dietetics:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Home Economics with specialization in: Textiles, Clothing & Fashion Design, Family Resource Management (Home Management), Human & Family Development, Foods & Nutrition.
Centre for Wetlands and Waste Management Studies:
- M.Sc. in Environmental Health Management (EHM)
FACULTY OF ARTS
Department of Communication Arts:
- M.A & Ph.D in Mass Communication with specialization in: Business and Organizational Communication, Radio/TV Broadcasting, Print Journalism, Public Relations and Advertising, Development Communication and Political Communication
Department of English:
- M.A and Ph.D English with specialization in: Language, Literature
Department of Foreign Languages:
- M.A. in French. Ph.D in French Language, Literature in French and Translation Studies
Department of History & International Studies:
- M.A in History & International Studies with specialization in: Archeology of Nigeria, African History, Social & Political History, Economic History, Urban History, International History and Diplomacy, Peace and Conflict Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Gender Studies.
- Ph. D in History and International Studies with specialization in: International History and Diplomacy, African Diaspora Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Gender Studies, Military and Strategic Studies, Archeology and Cultural Heritage Management.
Department of Linguistics and Nigerian Languages:
- M.A & Ph.D in Linguistics,
- M.A. in Computational Language Documentation,
- Ph. D in Computational Language Technology.
Department of Religious and Cultural Studies:
- M.A. & Ph.D in Religious Studies with specialization in: Sociology of Religion, Biblical Studies: (1) Old Testament, (2) New Testament, African Traditional Religion, Church History, Philosophy of Religion .
Department of Philosophy:
- M.A & Ph.D in Philosophy with specialization in: Epistemology, Metaphysics, Value Theories, Socio-Political Philosophy, African Philosophy, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of Education, Philosophy of Law, History of Philosophy, Philosophy & Gender Studies, Logic, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Social Science, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy & Public Affairs, Philosophy of Medicine, Philosophy of Environment.
Department of Music:
- M.A. in Music.
Department of Theatre Arts:
- M.A. in Theatre Arts
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Department of Biochemistry:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Biochemistry
Department of Anatomy:
- M.Sc. in Anatomy with specialization in: Histology and Histochemistry, Embryology and Teratology, Physical Anthropology and Comparative Anatomy, Neurobiology Ph.D in Anatomy with specialization in: Neurobiology, Clinical and Radiological Anatomy, Physical Anthropology, Histochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology, Developmental Biology and Teratology
Department of Physiology:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Human Physiology with specialization in: Endocrinology, Reproductive Physiology, Neurophysiology, Metabolism, Renal Physiology, Environmental insults on Physiological variable, Gastrointestinal Physiology, Cardiovascular Physiology.
FACULTY OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Marketing, Insurance and Risk Management.
- Collaborative Ph.D in: Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Marketing
FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
Department of Medical Microbiology & Parasitology:
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Medical Microbiology with specialization in: Medical Microbiology (Medical Bacteriology/Clinical Immunology/Public Health Microbiology), Medical Parasitology.
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Institute of Education:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Department of Curriculum Studies, Educational Management & Planning:
- M.Ed. & Ph.D in: Curriculum Studies, Educational Management & Planning
Department of Educational Foundations, Guidance and Counselling:
- M.Ed. & Ph.D in: Guidance & Counseling, Educational Psychology , Sociology of Education, Educational Evaluation, Social Studies in Education and Philosophy of Education.
Department of Physical & Health Education:
- Physical Education: M.Sc(Ed.) in: Adapted Physical Education, Exercise Physiology, Organization & Administration of Physical Education & Sports, Sociology & Psychology of Sports
- Ph.D in: Organization & Administration of Physical Education and Sports, Exercise Physiology, Adapted Physical Education, Sports Psychology , Sociology of Sports
- Health Education: M.Sc(Ed.) in: Community Health, School Health, Environmental and Occupational Health. Ph. D in Public Health Education
Department of Educational Technology & Library Science:
- Master in Library and Information Science (MLIS),
- M.Sc (Ed) in Educational Technology
- Ph.D in Library and Information Science with specialization in: Library Science, Information Science, Archives and Records Management, Publishing and Book Trade
- Ph.D in: Educational Technology
Department of Early Childhood & Special Education:
- M.Ed & Ph.D. in: Early Childhood Education
Department of Vocational Education:
- M.Ed. in: Textile Technology Education, M.Sc(Ed.) & Ph.D in: Agricultural Education, Business Education, Technical Education, Computer Education & Home Economics Education
Department of Science Education:
- Master of Science Education M.Sc.(Ed.) & Ph.D in: Biology Education, Chemistry Education, Integrated Science Education, Mathematics Education, Physics Education
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Petroleum Engineering,
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Chemical Engineering,
- Master & Ph.D in Chemical Engineering with specialization in: Advanced Chemical Engineering, Environmental Process Engineering, Chemical Process Design, Petroleum Processing Engineering, Biochemical Engineering.
- M.Eng. & Ph.D in Petroleum Engineering with specialization in: Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Reservoir Engineering, Gas Engineering, Georesources Engineering, Geoenvironmental Engineering.
Department of Mechanical Engineering:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Mechanical Engineering,
- M.Eng. & Ph.D in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in: Production Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Materials Engineering.
Department of Computer/Electrical & Electronics Engineering:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Computer Engineering, Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- M.Eng. in Computer Engineering with specialization in: Computer (Hardware) Engineering, Software & Systems Engineering.
- M.Eng. in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with specialization in: Electric Power Devices (Machines), Electrical Power Engineering. Control Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering,
Department of Food and Agricultural Engineering:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Food and Agricultural Engineering.
- M.Eng. & Ph.D in Food Engineering with specialization in: Food Process Engineering, Food Machinery and Equipment Engineering, Food Storage, Distribution and Environmental Engineering.
- M.Eng. & Ph.D in Agricultural Engineering with specialization in: Farm Power and Machinery (FPM), Agricultural Products Processing and Storage, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering (SWE), Farm Structures and Environment
Department of Civil Engineering:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Civil Engineering
- Master of Civil Engineering degree (M.Engr.) in the following areas of specialization: Structural Engineering; Water Resources Engineering; Environmental Health Engineering; Geotechnical Engineering.
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
Department of Architecture:
- M.Sc. in Architecture
Department of Building:
- M. Sc & Ph.D in Construction Management
Department of Estate Management:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Estate Management
Department of Fine & Industrial Arts:
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in: Ceramics, Painting, Sculpture, Textiles, Graphics.
- Master of Arts in Art Education (M.A. Art Education).
- Ph.D in Fine & Industrial Arts with specialization in: Ceramics Design and Technology, Graphics Design and Technology, Painting and Painting Technology, Textiles Design and Technology, Sculpture.
Department of Urban & Regional Planning:
- Master of Urban & Regional Planning (MURP), M.Sc. in Environmental Management. Ph.D in Urban & Regional Planning
FACULTY OF LAW:
- LLM & Ph.D in Law
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
Department of Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry:
- M.Sc. & Ph. D in Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry with specialization in: Synthesis and Characterization of Chemotherapeutic Agents Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics of Drugs and Effects on Drug Therapy, Chemistry of Natural Products.
Department of Pharmacognosy and Natural Medicine:
- M.Sc. in Pharmacognosy and Natural Medicine with specialization in: Phytochemistry, Biological Evaluation of Natural Products, Cultivation and Propagation of Medicinal Plants, Tissue Culture
- Ph.D in Pharmacognosy
Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in: Pharmacology
Department of Pharmaceutical/Pharmaceutical Technology:
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- M.Sc in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Technology
- Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Biopharmacy:
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) in Clinical Pharmacy
- Ph.D in Clinical Pharmacy
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Botany & Ecological Studies:
- M.Sc & Ph.D Botany with specialization in: Cytogenetics & Genetics, Plant Physiology/Phytochemistry, Plant Ecology, Plant Taxonomy/Systematics, Plant Virology/Pathology, Plant Anatomy.
Department of Chemistry:
- M.Sc & Ph.D in: Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry.
Department of Computer Science:
- M.Sc. in Computer Science. Ph.D Curriculum in Computational Intelligence
Department of Mathematics & Statistics:
- M.Sc. in Statistics. M.Sc. & Ph. D in: Mathematics
Department of Microbiology:
- M.Sc. & Ph. D in: Environmental Microbiology, Industrial & Food Microbiology
Department of Physics:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Physics with specialization in:
- Pure Physics: Atomic/Nuclear Physics, High Energy/Particle Physics, Plasma Physics, Solid State/Condensed Matter Physics, Theoretical Computational Physics
- Applied Physics: Electronics/Communications, Geophysics, Atmospheric Physics, Radiation/Health Physics, Renewable Energy.
Department of Animal and Environmental Biology:
- M.Sc & Ph.D in: Parasitology, Hydrobiology, Entomology.
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Economics:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Economics.
- M.Sc & Ph.D in Economics with specialization in: Development Economics, Monetary Economics, Public Finance, Environmental Economics, International Economics.
Department of Geography & Natural Resources Management:
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Geography and Natural Resource Management with Specialization in: Geography & Environmental Management, Biogeography, Agricultural Geography, Climatology and Climate Change Studies, Rural Land use Planning, Urban Studies, Regional Development Planning, Environmental/Resource Management, Population Studies and Medical Geography, Economics Geography, Transport Planning and Management, Natural Disaster and Risk Management, Tourism Geography, Geographic Information System, Water Studies.
- M.Sc. & Ph.D in Environment and Development
- Master of Geographic Information System (MGIS).
Department of Political Science and Public Administration:
- M.Sc. and Ph.D in: Public Administration, International Relations. Ph.D in Comparative Politics
Department of Psychology:
- M.Sc. and Ph.D with options in: Clinical Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Social Psychology.
Department of Sociology/Anthropology:
- M.Sc. and Ph.D in: Sociology & Development, Criminology, Industrial Sociology, Medical Sociology, Rural and Community Development, Social/Cultural Anthropology, Demography.
Duration of UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses
i. All UNIUYO Full-time Master’s degree programmes last for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum period of six semesters.
ii. All UNIUYO Full-time Doctoral Programmes last for a minimum period of six semesters and a maximum period of ten semesters.
iii. UNIUYO PGD Programmes:
(a) PGD in Education last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.
(b) PGD in Engineering last for a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters for all full time students.
(c) PGD in Economics last for a minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters for all full time students.