Hire of Academic Regalia and payments for brochure for the Abia State University, ABSU 25th convocation ceremony.
The 25th Convocation ceremony of Abia state University for the Conferment of Degree and the award of certificates and prizes holds on Saturday 19th August, 2017 at the university convocation arena. You are therefore urged to take the steps indicated below, to ensure that the university records a successful Convocation ceremony.
See also: ABSU 25th Convocation Ceremony Schedule of Events – 2017.
- Graduants who have collected their statement of Results and present evidence of Certificate clearance would collect their Certificates on Convocation Day.
- The hire cost of a complete set of Regalia(Gown, hood, cap, and Brochure) including payment of Scroll for your Certificate is Seven Thousand Naira(#7,000.00) only for first Degree Graduands and Ten Thousand Naira(#10,000.00) only for Post-Graduate Graduands.
- Issuance of the Materials indicated in (b) above begins on Tuesday, 15th August, 2017
- All Payments for the items listed in (b)above are to be made at the ABSU Micro finance Bank
- Faculty finance officers should receive all drafts, issue receipts and pass same to the Faculty /College/School/Institute Officers/secretaries who shall , thereafter issue the items to the graduands
- Only Graduands whose Degree Results have been approved by the Vice Chancellor/Senate are qualified to hire the items and participate in the convocation ceremonies
- All Hired regalia must be returned to the point of collection , not later than Wednesday 29th August , 2017, A fine of one Thousand naira(#1,000.00) per day, is charged for any day the regalia remains with the graduate after the deadline.
LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO REGALIA
A penalty of twenty –five thousand Naira(#25,000.00) is payable in the event of loss of or damage to a set of regalia(Gown, Hood and Cap). The list of graduands who violates the above directive should be submitted to the Registrars’ office not latter than Thursday 31st August, 2017.
Any College/School/Institute /Faculty officer who fails to submit the list of those who defaulted in the return of the regalia, risk paying the surcharge him/herself. In effect, College/School/ Institute secretaries / Faculty officers are enjoined to brief the graduands adequately to adhere strictly to the above guidelines in the interest of all concerned.
Leave a Comment