Federal University Oye Ekiti, FUOYE is a government-owned and -operated Nigerian university. The university is in the ancient city of Oye-Ekiti and Ikole-Ekiti making it two campuses, The university was founded in 2011 as the Federal University Oye Ekiti by the federal government of Nigeria, led by President Goodluck Jonathan.
Faculties and Courses
The university has two campuses at Oye-Ekiti and Ikole-Ekiti and 7 Faculties with 53 Departments and a school of postgraduate studies, namely:
• The Faculty of Agriculture (Agricultural Economics and Extension, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Soil and land management, Animal production and health, Crop Production and Horticulture, Food Science Technology, Water Resources and Agrometerology, Tourism and hospitality)
• The Faculty of Engineering (Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, Material and Metallurgical Engineering)
• The Faculty of Social Sciences (Demography and Social Statistics, Economics and Development Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Political Science, Mass Communication)
• The Faculty of Arts/Humanities (English and Literary Studies, Theatre and Media Arts, History and International Relations, Linguistics )
• The Faculty of Science (Animal and Environmental Biology, Biochemistry, Geology, Computer Science, Geophysics, Industrial Chemistry, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, Plant Science and Biotechnology)
• The Faculty of Education (Mathematics Education, English Education, Biology Education, Library and Information Science, Chemistry Education, Business Education, Agricultural Education and Educational Management)
The Faculty of Management (Accounting, Banking and Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration).