Western Delta University (popularly referred to as WDU) is the brainchild of a group of Urhobo Scholars under the aegis of Urhobo Advancement Foundation (UAF) who saw the need for a privately financed university in the wetlands of Delta State of Nigeria.
Western Delta University is located in Oghara, Delta State, Nigeria. It was established in 2007 and is a private university.
Western Delta University admits students via JAMB UTME and Direct Entry into various courses. requirements for admission into Western Delta University are GCE O/Level, SSCE, NECO or NABTEB credit level passes in at least five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and one relevant science or social science subject obtained at not more than two sittings. Direct Entry candidates are expected to possess a good Diploma (with minimum of lower credit), NCE (with minimum of merit) from recognized institutions OR 2 Advanced Level GCE passes in relevant subjects.
Faculties and Courses
The School has four Faculties which are:
- College of Natural & Applied Sciences and
- College of Social & Management Sciences
- Institute of Delta Studies and
- Faculty of Law
and the school currently offers the following courses:
- Microbiology and Biotechnology,
- Basic And Industrial Chemistry,
- Mathematics & Computer Science,
- Computer Science,
- Pure and Industrial Mathematics,
- Physics and Energy Studies,
- Physics & Electronics,
- Geology & Petroleum Studies,
- Hotel and Tourism Management,
- Business Administration,
- Mass Communication,
- Political Science and Public,
- Administration and Sociology
See the Full list of all Western Delta University courses here